Dates & Price
If you travel alone or with your private company, then
you can choose any date for the 11-day Kilimanjaro
You can also choose to join the monthly expedition group.
You will then be in a group with other (international
travelers) of a maximum 12 participants. Look for the dates at
the Agenda on the front page.
Ramon Stoppelenburg's Expedition Kilimanjaro is an
11-day adventure in Tanzania
. It consists of 7 days on
the mountain (6 nights) through the Machame Route and 4 nights in a comfy 3-star hotel
in Moshi (two nights before and two nights after the climb).
An expedition group contains out of a maximum of 12 adults
and is led by well trained and certified local guides with years
of experience on the mountain.
If you want to climb on your own or in a small group,
then one guide will lead you up. Per participant you can
count 2 or 3 porters who carry all luggage and equipment up
The price of the Expedition Kilimanjaro is US$ 2,300
per personUse the currency converter here
This is excluding:
- The newly government enforced 18% VAT from July 1, 2016.
- Transfers to/from Kilimanjaro International Airport
or to/from the stops of the shuttle busses from Dar Es
Salaam or Nairobi.
- Four nights in a stylish hotel with bed and
- Transfers to/from the entrance of the Nationale Park
- Fully equipped climbing team (guides, cook,
- Three meals a day during the climb.
- Bottled water on the first day of the climb, boiled
and filtered on the mountain.
- Camping surcharges for the Machame Route.
- Permits for visiting the Nationaal Park Kilimanjaro.
- All local government taxes.
- Flight(s) to Tanzania or Kenya.
- Domestic flights or transfers (for example from
Nairobi, Dar Es Salaam, etc).
- International visas (necessary!)
- Vaccination costs
- Personal travel insurance (covering mountain
- Alcohol, drinks
- Sleeping bags
- Laundry (available at the hotel)
- Tips for your climbing team (10% of the expedition
- Lunches and dinners in Moshi.
You want to book the Expedition Kilimanjaro?
- check whether your arrival date in Moshi coordinates along
with the available
- fill in the complete
- receive a confirmation of availability (reservation)
- book your available flights
- if the international payment is completed you'll receive the
necessary travel documents through e-mail
Through the reservation you can make a (permissive) reservation for your expedition.
This way I can check for availability on your desired arrival in the hotel and
whether there is a climb possible.
After completing and sending the reservation form you
will receive a confirmation of availibility (within 48 hours
on weekdays). This means that your nights in the hotel and
the climb are available and a reservation is made. At this point you can book your necessary flights.
The confirmation email is also your invoice. The booking of the Kilimanjaro
Expedition can only be fully completed as the international payment is
received. After payment you will receive the necessary
travel documents for the hotel and climb through e-mail.
To finalize your booking you will be requested to make an international money wire transfer to the Canadia Bank in Cambodia.
Take comprehensive travel insurance
You are responsible for your own adequate travel
and medical insurance that completely covers
your activities including the climb of the
Kilimanjaro, medical evacuation, emergency
return trip and repatriation.
Kilimanjaro highly recommends
. World Nomads travel insurance
is available to people from over 150 countries
and is designed for adventurous travellers with
cover for overseas medical, evacuation and
World Nomads also believes that travelers have
an obligation to contribute to the communities
which they travel. With this they get assisted
. When you arrange an
online insurance, you can select which program
deserves the € 2,- donation from World Nomads.
note, if you travel to Tanzania you need to have a
valid passport and a visa for this country.
You can obtain a visa on arrival at Dar es Salaam,
Kilimanjaro International Airport and at the
Tanzanian / Kenyan border and this will cost US$ 50 (USA citizens pay US$100).
Click here to find an embassy or a consulate in
your country to obtain your visa before your
If you fly on Nairobi, Kenya, then you ALSO need a
transit-visa for Kenya.
Click here to see where you can obtain a transit
visa BEFORE departure in your country. At the Kenya
/ Tanzania border you can get the Tanzanian visa for
50 U.S. dollars (cash).